PURCHASING & MATERIAL CONTROL
Paul Sotelo, Purchasing Agent
Big Spring, Texas 79720
Phone: (432) 264-2388
Fax: (432) 264-2582
The Purchasing and Material Control department coordinates the purchase of like items between various City departments in an effort to take advantage of volume pricing. The department prepares and tabulates bids in accordance with municipal and state law as well as solicits and receives quotes, processes requisitions, purchase orders, and invoices.
The City works to maintain goodwill between City departments and suppliers. Toward this end, we strive to:
- Give all salespersons a full, fair, prompt and corteous hearing.
- Keep competition open and fair.
- Solicit supplier suggestions in the determination of fair and clean standards and specifications.
- Cooperate with suppliers and consider possible difficulties they may encounter.
- Observe strict truthfulness and highest ethics in all transactions and correspondence.
Please make Purchasing your first contact when presenting your products to the City. Often, we will put you in direct contact with the appropriate departments. Because the laws require protection of public funds, there are a few special requirements in doing business with the City. Purchasing is here to help you in every possible way to become one of our valued suppliers.
All bidders will be afforded equal opportunities to submit bids and proposals and be considered for contracts. Bidders will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, sex, or national origin in consideration for an award.