Zoning Board of Adjustments and Appeals



  • Scheduled as necessary depending upon cases
  • 307 E 4th Street
    City Council Chambers
    Big Spring, TX 79720

Agendas & Minutes

Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval. View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes

The City of Big Spring maintains documents available either online or in a hard copy form that can be purchased at City Hall.


  • Steve Herren
  • Drew Mouton
  • Carrie Rodman
  • Libby Uribe
  • Veronica Zuniga


The Zoning Board of Adjustments and Appeals was created to review situations that do not meet the minimum requirements of the building codes and/or zoning ordinance of the Big Spring, such as:
  • Permit the reconstruction, extension or enlargement of a building occupied by a nonconforming use on the lot or tract occupied by such building provided such reconstruction does not prevent the return of such property to a conforming use and permit the expansion of off‑street parking or off‑street loading for a nonconforming use.
  • Permit such modifications of the height, yards area, coverage, minimum access and parking regulations as may be necessary to secure appropriate development of  a parcel of land which differs from other parcels in the district by being of such restricted area, shape, or slope that it cannot be appropriately developed without such modification. 
  • Require the discontinuance of nonconforming uses of land or structure under any plan whereby the full value of the structure and facilities can be amortized within a definite period of time, taking into consideration the general character of the neighborhood and the necessity for all property to conform to the regulations of this ordinance.  All actions to discontinue a nonconforming use of land and structure shall be taken with due regard for the property rights of the persons affected when considered in the light of the public welfare and the character of the area surrounding the designated non‑conforming use and the conservation and preservation of property.  The Board shall, from time to time, on its own motion or upon cause presented by interested property owners, inquire into the existence, continuation or maintenance of any nonconforming use within the City. 

Commission Membership

If you are interested in serving on the Zoning Board of Adjustments, contact the City Manager Office in person or by calling 432-264-2401, or review information on the Boards and Committees page to print an application out.